Friends & Family
Well, here's the compulsary links page! Though it is offensively out of date, this probably doesn't matter because I'm sure everyone who cares just looks on Facebook anyway.
- Dad has just moved from his position as a lecturer and programmer in the
Biology Dept. at Southampton University to a new role as a lecturer in
the Computer Science Dept. at Cardiff University. His web page is
in need of a bit of an update to reflect this, and
his Cardiff staff page doesn't contain very much information. I'm pleased to say Dad runs the right operating system on many of his home computers.
- My younger brother, who has just completed a degree at Oxford, where
he managed to get the top first in Computer Science.
This page is definately 'work in progress'!
- David Ball
- David was one of the few that came to Oxford and still found himself
at the top of the class. He now works for Ensoft, writing
stuff for Cisco, and is still an active member of
- Caroline Berry
- My college wife and the girlfriend of my college son (isn't that
illegal?). She's also studying Maths & Computing. Or was many eons ago when this was written anyway.
- Arthur Bullard
- Arthur studied biochemistry at Lincoln, so quite why I know him I'm not
sure (I have a vague feeling it's something to do with Richard Owen).
Arthur is into computers, and even runs Linux on one of them, though
he runs MacOS on far too many. There's no helping some people!
- Kerry Bosworth
- Kerry is another mathmo in Keble, but (unlike many of the mathmos) she's
female - and an exceptionally nice female at that :) (I may have a
slightly biased opinion, for some reason, though). Not quite as into
computers as many listed here, but she does her best to waste time on
IRC and the suchlike. She's a vegan too, which gave her even more
cause to complain about Keble Hall than most of us.
- Jon Chin
- I know that's not his homepage, but it'll save me updating the link
when he leaves. He's a physics undergraduate, but going on to do
a PhD in London next year (er, that's out of date - he's doing the PhD now)
He used to be the
Compsoc System Administration Co-ordinator - until I inherited
that impressively long title from him.
- Matthew Clemson
- A little bit mad on Disney and things, maybe, but he's not really
that bad. His homepage has lots of useful
OxIRC statistics and information,
and the quotes page. Why am I encouraging people to go there?!
- Tristam Fenton-May
- Tristam was one of those that delayed entering
the real world by pretending to work for a PhD. He is still at
Oxford - since he got the top 1st in Computing they felt they
couldn't deny him a PhD place. This does mean he gets to stay in
the same city as Angharad, which I think he counts as a plus point.
- Angharad Green
- Angharad is Tristam's girlfriend^Wfiancée^Wwife. Like him she's Welsh. She spends a
lot of time persuading people that they want to buy her things. This
hasn't yet got her a VAIO or hot tub, bit she did
persuade Tristam to buy her a furby (against his better judgement).
- James Hunt
- James was in the same Venture Scout Unit as me, one of the few other
members to have a website. Erm, and I can't think what else to say
about him. Suggestions on a postcard?.
- Lucy Kennedy
- Lucy joined OxIRC fairly recently (Jan. 2000 for when I forget to
update this). She describes herself as a 'geekette' or 'geek in
training' despite the fact that she's doing theology. What else can
I say? She's lovely and far too tolerant ;).
- Ian Lynagh
- Ian is my college son, a Debian maintainer and also a member of the
Compsoc Sysadmin team. He is now studing for a PhD.
- Rebecca Luckraft
- Rebecca (Reb) is a fellow Comp. student, but she's studying at
Lincoln .. which isn't bad and it's even closer to the center of
Oxford than Keble. I'll add that she's cute too, if only to see
how long it takes her to email to try to persuade me that she's not.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention that she's into indie music.
- Richard Owen
- Richard is a fellow OUSGGer
and also a member of compsoc,
although unfortunately he choose to do Engineering at Lincoln
- Caroline Pearson
- Caroline (Neve) is studying maths at Summerville. She is a member
of RPGSoc. She met David Woolger not all that long after coming
to Oxford and they have been together ever since, until they weren't.
She's now not going out with Ben.
- Kate Pugh
- Kate (or Kake as she prefers to be known) studied maths, but now
works for in the University Offices - which gives you an idea of how
old she is :). She's also a vegan, and her homepage is a treasure
trove of vegan recipes and related information. If you like that sort
- Mike Ricketts
- Mike spends nearly all his time playing with and patching the Linux
Kernel. He maintains that he's improving it, but judging by the
stability of his computer, Oakley, I'd been inclined to disagree. He
used to work for somebody I don't think I'm suppose to mention, but has
now got a job at
He also got loads of email that my poor little 486, Marvin, had
to deal with. He is also a member of
and for some reason he was made a sysadmin.
- David Sheldon
- David started his life in Oxford by making two mistakes - he chose
to read maths and he chose to do it at St. Johns College. However
despite this he's not a bad guy (really) and he has rectified the
first mistake by changing to Computing.
- Ganesh Sittampalam
- One of those sickingly intelligent people .. and Ganesh is one of
the few to have made it into the Guiness Book of Records for it (see
Despite being so intelligent he worked for
to help pay for his DPhil.
- Althea Solomon
- Anyone who knows me also knows that Althea is someone I couldn't
possibly miss off this list despite the fact that she doesn't have
a website to link to
A domain owned an run by some of my friends.