Curriculum Vitae - Stephen White
|Date of Birth:||23rd Feb. 1980|
|The Burgate School & Sixth Form Centre (Salisbury Rd, Fordingbridge)||Sept 1991||July 1998
|Oxford University (Keble College, Oxford, OX1 3PG)||Oct 1998||June 2001
|Computation (BA)||Oxford University|
|Subject||'A' Level Grade|
|Maths (Pure & Mechanics)||A|
|Maths (Discrete & Statistics)||A|
- Have worked with many operating systems - including Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, DOS and various Unix systems
- Many years experience in programming, including Java, C, Perl, Python (originally as a hobbyist).
- Website development including CGI, J2EE and Microsoft ASP/VBscript and links to databases via SQL.
- System Administration (Linux, Solaris and Windows).
- University courses include OOP (JAVA), Compilers, Hardware,
Operating Systems, Algorithms & Algorithm Design, Formal
Methods, Concurrency and Distributed Systems. The first year
included maths courses as well as Functional Programming,
Procedural Programming and Algorithms.
- Software Engineer at DecisionSoft Ltd (2001-present, full time)
- System Administrator at We7 Ltd (2006-present, part time contractor)
- System Administrator at Parthenon Computing (2004-2007, part time contractor)
Other Interests and Activities:
|Positions of Responsibility:
- Asst. Scout Leader. (1998-present)
- Responsible for stores & supplies at Oxford City Division, St John Ambulance (2003-present)
||Passed Institute of Advanced Motorists Advanced Driving Test
|St John Ambulance:
||First Aid at Work
- as required by Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations, 1981
Emergency Transport Attendant
ASET/Minding Driving Ltd "Safe Driving of Ambulance Vehicles"
Thousands of hours of voluntary public duty.
|Scouts (1st Sandleheath Sea Scout Group):
||Duke of Edinburgh's Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards.
Queen's Scout Award (1998)
||R.Y.A. Levels 2, 3 and 5.
R.Y.A. Safety Boat and R.Y.A. Powerboat Levels 1 & 2.
||B.C.U. 1* and 2*
||MLTB Mountain Leader
For references and contact information please email me.